Regrowing Veggies from the Root Up

Usually I toss the scraps from my veggies into the compost bin. What about using them to grow new veggies to eat from the roots, cuttings and seeds? I was looking for something else and came across a very good article  on exactly how to and what yummy things can become new plants.

We have tried many of these with some mixed success. Our most recent; the avocado pit. We got farther than we ever did before. I had a tiny tree, 6 to 8 leaves and about a foot tall. I moved it from my air conditioned kitchen to my very hot, but shaded back porch. By the time I did a walk through the garden pulling some weeds, it looked very sad and wilted. Twenty minutes was all it took to make all of the leaves fall off. I snipped the top off and waiting to see what happens. Staring a new one on the sill today.

Check out this article 7 Fresh Veggies You Can Grow From Kitchen Scraps  for more ideas on what to try!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Witch Hazel Pore Minimizing Toner

Skip the Salon: DIY Summer Ready Feet